Monday, July 2, 2012

...and waiting...and waiting....

I've realized I'm kind of using this blog as a diary now... sorry! It will get less...diary-ish soon I hope. But hey, I've got time to kill, so for now you're gonna read my thoughts, and you're gonna like it.

I'm in such a weird in-between moment right now. I've done all I can in terms of getting the ball rolling (applying for a bank account, going to town hall, etc.) and now I just have to wait the week before everything is sent to me. I am essentially penniless right now. Everywhere in Holland, you need a card that has a "Chip" in it, that you swipe differently than a credit card. So of course, nobody accepts my credit card. So here I am, in my partially furnished room, with a basket full of fruit and a loaf of bread that has been lasting me 2 days and should last another, and I am about to go stalk the mailman until he brings me that !$#^*% envelope with my Dutch card in it! Until then, I'm just gonna keep watching "Taken" on my laptop.

By the way, look what we as a country have contributed to society. I'm so glad that is our legacy.


OOH! I hear the mailman, I'm gonna go run downstairs for the 16729 time and stalk him. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment