Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tears are for pansies

I apologize for the following entry. My thoughts are very scattered, and I'm tired, and this probably won't be the most well-written thing I have ever produced. But it's really hitting me. I'm leaving. This sucks. Not the the whole moving-to-Europe thing, that obviously doesn't suck. But I really don't like goodbyes, which is why I tend to avoid them at all costs. Isn't a 'see you later' better? I'm not a very emotional person who cries any old day. It takes a lot. But of course, I can't let my emotion come out for something normal like a farewell. No, instead it manifests itself in other ways. For example: Two days ago, my family got a new puppy. I know, low blow. They're really pulling out all the stops to get me to stay. But for some reason, when I went to go pick the new dog up, I cried. When I pet Oreo, my other dog, this morning, I cried. When I watched "Deep Impact" with my friends just now, I cried. What is the matter with me? And mark my words, when my parents drop me off in the airport, I probably won't cry. I internalize it, and then it comes out weeks later when I'm watching the Disney version of Tarzan or something. I am such a weirdo. But just in case, I'll wear waterproof mascara at my going away party this weekend...

My dad came in and took a picture of me asleep with my little Oreo. It's like they're trying to torture me into staying.


P.S. - Random "I love you" texts from my friends at all hours of the day are sweet. But it's tearing my soul to shreds.

P.P.S. - I measured the new puppy, Pisco, and he fits in my suitcase perfectly.

P.P.P.S. - I will be in Copenhagen for 5 hours. I probably (?) won't have time to leave the airport and see the city before my next flight to Amsterdam, but does anybody have any suggestions? Is Copenhagen a cool airport? Or should I be gangster and pop into the city for a spell?

gahhh I'm going to bed

No comments:

Post a Comment